Here are the Upwork Readiness Test answers and questions for 2023. You can easily get free 40 connects on Upwork by using these answers.
Upwork Global Inc., formerly Elance-oDesk, is an American freelancing platform headquartered in Santa Clara and San Francisco, California. The company was formed in 2013 as Elance-oDesk, after the merger of Elance Inc. and oDesk Corp. The merged company subsequently rebranded to Upwork in 2015. – Source: WikiPedia
Table of Contents
Here are updated answers and questions for your readiness test. Best of Luck! Read all the instructions in this article to get maximum score on your test. Remember that the questions and answers are jumble for every freelancer. So make sure that you read the full answers instead of the order or option number eg. a, b, c, ….
Answers are below (right-after) the options.
You can start your test via following steps:
- Log into your Upwork freelancer Account
- On the top menu click on find work then click on Upwork Readiness test
Questions order can be change for every freelancer, click Ctrl+F (from google chrome users) and find your question across the page. If you have duel screen it will be additional benefits for you other wise you can open your Upwork test in mobile phone and open this tab on your computer screen to get answers in time.
The Questions and Answers:
Many jobs on Upwork are posted privately as invite-only jobs (these jobs don’t require Connects). A strong profile can help you receive more invitations and win more work.
Which items help you create a 100% complete profile? (Please check all that apply.)
- A professional-looking profile photo of yourself
- A title, overview, and employment history
- A list of your top skills
- A portfolio of work
Working safely on Upwork should be your #1 priority. This includes never starting to work on a job unless you already have a contract in place with your client.
Which of the following statements about starting to work on a job is true?
- Start the work as soon as the client has sent you a message through Upwork
- Start the work only once the client has sent you an offer, you have accepted the offer on the platform, and your contract appears in the My Jobs > All Contracts tab
Answer : 2
Your Job Success Score measures your clients’ satisfaction with your work on Upwork, reflecting relationships, feedback, and job outcomes.
Which of the following statements about your Job Success Score on Upwork are true? (Please check all that apply.)
- Your Job Success Score measures your client’s satisfaction with your overall work history on Upwork
- Longer-term relationships are a plus and can help boost your score
- Jobs with higher earnings weight more and will have a bigger impact on your score
Answer: 1,2 and C
Upwork’s Terms of Service help users stay safe and maintain a trustworthy marketplace.
Which of the following statements about Upwork’s Terms of Service are true? (Please check all that apply.)
- You commit to keeping client relationships on Upwork for at least 24 months, unless you or your client pays a conversion fee to take the relationship off the marketplace
- Soliciting or accepting payment from an Upwork client off the platform is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service
- You can only have ONE Upwork account. This one account gives you access to any account type you may need including: freelancer, client, agency.
- You can share your account credentials with other users
Answer : 1, 2, 3
What are the best practices for submitting a winning proposal through Upwork? (Please check all that apply.)
Your proposal is often your first interaction with a potential client. It’s your opportunity to introduce yourself, highlight your expertise, and show the client why you’re the best professional for the job.
- Write a personal and professional greeting
- Describe your relevant experience in key areas listed in the job post – demonstrate you’ve read it
- Outline how you would approach and complete the job
- Respond to any screening questions listed in the job post
- Copy and paste your proposal to submit as many proposals as possible in a short time
Answer : 1, 2, 3, 4
Your overall response time is displayed on your Upwork profile.
Which of the following describes your responsiveness score? (Please check all that apply.)
- Your responsiveness score is based on how quickly you respond to (accept/decline) clients’ invitations to jobs
- Your responsiveness score appears on your profile for clients to see
Answer: 1, 2
A fixed price job has a set price and payments are made at predetermined project milestones.
How does Upwork’s Payment Protection for fixed price jobs work (using Escrow)?
- The client deposits (pre-funds) a milestone payment into escrow before you begin working. upon receiving and approving the work, the client releases the payment to you
- You proactively begin working before the client has created and funded a milestone
Answer : A
When working on an hourly job, you invoice your client for time worked on the project.
What do you need to qualify for Upwork’s Payment Protection for hourly jobs? (Please check all that apply.)
- You must have an hourly contract
- You must have a client with a verified billing method
- You must log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
- You must write out activities performed in the Work Diary with memos or activities labels
- You must exceed the contract’s weekly time limit set by the client
Answer: 1, 2, 3, and 4
Upwork’s Top Rated program recognizes freelancers that have a proven history of success with multiple clients, contribute to a safe marketplace and follow Upwork’s Terms of Service.
Which are requirements to achieve Top Rated freelancer status on Upwork? (Please check all that apply.)
- Job Success score of 90%+
- $1,000 earnings in the past year
- 100% complete profile
- Up-to-date availability status
- No recent account holds
- Passed interview with an Upwork representative
Answer : 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
Upwork offers a number of choices for withdrawing your funds, including Direct to Local Bank, ACH, USD wire transfer, Instant Pay for U.S. freelancers, PayPal and Payoneer.
To prevent falling victim to payment scams, which tips should you follow to protect yourself from suspicious activities?
- Share your bank information with your client
- Accept mailed checks from your client
- Contact Upwork’s customer support when a client offers to pay you directly via PayPal, Western Union, or another method outside of the Upwork payments system
- Accept a job where the client asks you to pay money to get a job
Answer : C
Also check this cover letter sample to increase your chance to getting job in Upwork.